Saturday, August 7, 2010
INDEPENDENCE DAY?? ..REALLY?????
I WILL RAISE THIS FLAG..FIRST LET ME FEEL INDEPENDENT..
So this 15th of August we enter into 64th year of our independence..feels great..!!..yes..it does..it has always been the same feeling since the day I remember celebrating this day!..a feeling of utmost proud and honor..it has always been with me..always..(no matter what happens in our country!!!!)..why??..I think..I am proud to be an INDIAN..we all are..Well this is what we always have believed guys..!!..isn't it so??..But if that is the case..then why do we keep ranting and lamenting over almost everything that happens in our country...?????...Why do we keep remonstrating every single thing.???.(I would rather not go into details..!!!!)..strange!!!!...seems quite contradictory in fact...!!..Anyway..lets forget everything..and for that..I will try to enlighten you guys with our FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS .. emblematic of the INDEPENDENCE that we POSSESS..the whole fundamental reason for the celebration of this very day..our INDEPENDENCE DAY..!!...
1. RIGHT TO EQUALITY: Ours is a country of poor..25% are below poverty line(LOW CLASS)..another 25% are just above the line by a whisker..(again..LOW CLASS)!!..next 25% are those who are able to survive..(sadly..even they are recognized as LOW CLASS)!!..and the last 25% are MIDDLE CLASS + HIGH CLASS..!!..If that division is not enough..then we have the CASTE SYSTEM..(SC/ST/OBC/GENERAL/etc/etc)...Obfuscating these divisions..well..yes..I apparently suppose we are EQUAL..!!
2. RIGHT TO FREEDOM: Hmmm..!!..what should I say..few girls were physically abused and their faces were blackened by some "RELIGION PROTECTORS"..those girls were celebrating friendship day!!..I am reading the cases of HONOR KILLING on almost daily basis!!..Enshrouding these and other similar practices..I think we are FREE!!
3. RIGHT AGAINST EXPLOITATION: INFLATION + POVERTY + CALLOUS ADMINISTRATION + INGENUOUS WELFARE PROJECTS + Blah Blah......+ COMMON WEALTH GAMES!!..By brooking these DAY-TO-DAY HAPPENINGS happily..yes we have the RIGHT AGAINST EXPLOITATION..!!..
4. RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF RELIGEON:..hehehe!!!!..I would rather not say anything on that..(silence speaks louder!!)..
5. CULTURAL AND EDUCATIONAL RIGHTS: appx 35% of our population(mind it..its a huge number..when I say OUR POPULATION!!!) is illiterate..and other 30% just manage to come within this category (of being LITERATE) by a whisker!!..Well..that is more than half!!..Hide that.. then we have education right too!!..(DISCLAIMER: I am not considering FEMALE'S LITERACY RATE coz the figures can turn out to be insalubrious for the readers..)..
Last but not the least!!!
6. RIGHT TO CONSTITUTIONAL REMEDIES: OMG..!!..Do we have such a right!!!...I never read or saw or heard about it!!!!..immaculately strange!!..Everyone is disparaging CWG..people are railing about inflation...people dying of hunger..(when $6 bn worth of wheat is decaying in FCI go-downs coz of lack of storage..!!)..people are complaining..but government is busy with the HONESTLY CORRUPT PREPARATION of CWG and beautifying PLAYGROUNDS...what the hell can we do???????..NOTHING...Curtain all this..then yes..we do have this right too..(sorry!..I again forgot its name!!!!:P:P)..
Anyway..all in all..if we believe that we are independent then yes..we are..but only to crib..to cry..to rant..and to suffer..there is hardly any other freedom I can see or experience...sad but true..
I DON'T FEEL INDEPENDENT..I AM CHOKING..
[This post makes its entry to Blog Adda contest “Mera Bharat Mahan” with the association of Pringoo.]
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.